TAX REGULATIONS ARE CONSTANTLY CHANGING
The tax regulations are complicated and are constantly changing. At the same time, tax represents a considerable cost for companies and owners, and the consequences of making mistakes can be significant. It may be worthwhile to seek advice in time.
MAGELI HAS PARTICULAR EXPERTISE IN TAX
The lawyers in our tax department have particular expertise in the field and assist all types of actors, and within all areas of tax law.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in litigating tax cases before the courts, including a series of principles for the Supreme Court. Our tax lawyers have backgrounds from the Norwegian Tax Administration, the Ministry of Finance's tax law department and the Office of the Attorney General.
OUR EXPERTISE COVERS ALL FORMS OF TAX, INCLUDING:
- Corporate tax and personal tax, including taxation abroad
- Value-added tax and value-added tax compensation, especially related to real estate.
- Property tax
- Employer's national insurance contributions and social security contributions
- Special tax regimes such as agricultural and forestry taxation, petroleum taxation, shipowner taxation etc.
EXAMPLES OF WHAT WE ASSIST WITH:
- Ongoing tax advice.
- Taxes on transactions such as purchases, sales, demergers, mergers, generational transfer, closure of business and transactions between the company and shareholders
- Structuring and restructuring of businesses, including choice of and change to organizational form
- Assistance in audits and other control processes by the Norwegian Tax Administration
- Preparing a change notification to the tax assessment and complaining to the Tax Appeals Board on a decision to change the stipulated tax
- Taxes on work or activities abroad, including the reduction of Norwegian tax in accordance with tax treaties and internal rules
- Tax when relocating abroad, including tax-related emigration and change of tax residence as per tax treaty
- Tax when engaging foreign contractors or employees in Norway