Family law, inheritance law and probate cover legal issues related to cohabitation, separation and finances, the relationship between children and parents and the distribution of a person's assets and wealth after their death. These disciplines require legal expertise and good knowledge of interpersonal relationships.
COHABITATION AND SEPARATION
Cohabitation can bring with it many problems - both of a legal and non-legal nature. How to best care for yourself and your family before, during and after separation, and how to find the best solutions for common children.
Planning and organizing the partners' asset situation is sensible. Our lawyers assist in relation to the establishment of marriage agreements, cohabitation agreements, future proxies, wills and the implementation of any generational transfers.
In the case of separation, many people are uncertain about what rights they have and how to handle different situations. Our lawyers have long and broad experience of financial settlements after separation and with child custody.
WE ASSIST WITH ADVICE WITHIN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Marriage agreements and cohabitation agreements
- Financial settlement at breakup
- Questions about kinship
- Child custody, parental responsibility and right of access
- Mediation and dispute resolution before the courts.
- Our main focus will always be to help the parties agree. If agreement cannot be reached, we assist in obtaining legal clarification via the legal system.
DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH AND ASSETS UPON DEATH
After a death, many practical and legal issues may arise for those left behind. Several of these issues can be solved in advance when establishing a will, a future proxy or the implementation of a generational transfer.
The distribution of the deceased's assets and wealth can often be demanding for those left behind. Our lawyers can assist with advice on both private and public decedent estate, and we can also offer mediation where a conflict has arisen between the heirs about how the distribution is to be carried out. In such situations, it will always be constructive to try to arrive at a common solution outside the legal system.
OUR LAWYERS HAVE LONG EXPERIENCE FROM WORKING WITH INHERITANCE PROBLEMS, AND WE CAN ASSIST IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Creation of a future proxy
- Drawing up a will
- Generational transfer
- Clarification of inheritance law issues
- Implementation of private or public decedent estate (distribution of assets)
- Mediation and dispute Resolution before the court